Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gaining Weight After Giving Birth




Did you ever tell yourself that you look like a walking refrigerator after giving birth? Yuck! That's the exact word that I uttered when I saw myself in the mirror after giving birth. All the curves in my body are gone. Humps were very visible in my body and worst I got stretched marks in my tummy. I told myself that I should have listened to my mother when she told me not to scratch my tummy even if it gets so itchy while I'm pregnant. But I can't help it so the remnants are very visible. Do not think that I'm so vain but I just wanted to look good for myself and for my husband as well. You need not to be beautiful for others but for yourself only and for the ones who mean most to you.

Actually, I did not do any diet regimen nor reduce my food intake but I was surprised to see myself fit into my old clothes again and when I weighed myself, I actually lost twenty pounds already in just four months after I gave birth. My secret? Breastfeed your baby. It wont do you any harm. You can save a lot of money. Imagine the high cost of formula milk nowadays. You also spare yourself from the effort of waking up in the middle of the night and sometimes in the wee hours of the morning just to prepare the feeding bottle of your kiddo. Breast milk is the best for your baby too. In my own children, I observed that they are not sickly. They are alert and healthy. Thanks to God. There is also a bond that sticks us together that no matter how many times we misunderstood each other, we easily patch things up.

If you are pregnant and afraid of gaining unwanted pounds, do not deprive yourself of the proper food and nutrients. You have a baby to feed inside your womb. Don't worry if you gain weight a little during pregnancy. As long as you are a hands on mom and you breastfeed, you can get rid of those fats with no sweat at all.

No comments:

Ad Toll

getafreelancer

Hire GetAFreelancer providers